Hometown: Salmon Arm, BC. Currently living in Fort John, BC
Sport: Long Track Speed Skating
Current role in sport:
- Coach and Coach Coordinator for Fort John SSC
- Member of BCSSA Board
- Member of Speed Skate Canada Coach Development Committee
Do you have a mentor: Adam Ingle and Ariana VanDerstarre
List your current NCCP Training/certification:
- Certified Speed Skating Intro to Competition
- In Training Speed Skating Competition Development
Current occupation: “Super mum” to 2 young boys. Operate own company “Alive in Motion” which focuses on strength and conditioning, pre + postnatal, pelvic and core health.
- B.Sc Exercise and Health Physiology
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Coaching History: Growing up as an athlete in multiple sports, I was exposed to many different coaches. They all had an impact in my development as a person which motivated me to pursue coaching. It is a way for me to give back and help develop the next generation.
Currently Coaching: Coach ages 4-16 Active start to learn to compete athletes.
Fun Fact: Rappelled from helicopters and certified tree faller in my life before kids.
What you do with your free time: Be active, have fun and play with my boys.