- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 slice or grated cheese - easy on the cheese too much will melt out the sides and the bread will stick to the foil.
- Tinfoil – can reuse several times
- Iron – steam setting off
- Turn on your iron to highest setting – steam off!
- Spread 1 tsp margarine evenly over the 1 side of each of the slices of bread. Assemble sandwich. Wrap in tin foil.
- “Iron” one side for a couple minutes.
- Flip and iron the second side.
Until you are familiar with how long it takes to cook, check the sandwich frequently. You can't un-burn it!
Note: Always be careful when working with a hot iron to prevent a burn. The foil will also be hot so use care while opening the foil pouch. Unplug the iron when you are done using it.
Nutrition Information (per 1 sandwich with cheese only)
- Calories: 286
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
Sport Benefits: Add some tuna, ham, or chicken/turkey for a grilled cheese sandwich with protein! Serve with carrots or fresh veggies or add sliced tomato and spinach to the sandwich for a complete travel lunch, post-game snack or late-night snack!