Maintenance of Certification
Maintenance of Certification is the NCCP policy that requires NCCP coaches to maintain their certification through Professional Development and training opportunities over a predetermined period.
- Provides coaches with credit for attending Professional Development opportunities; and
- Promotes upgrading and maintaining relevancy to coaching practices;
A coach who does not complete the required Professional Development credits by the end date of their maintenance cycle should contact their provincial/territorial sport organization for information regarding renewal of certification.
A coach can view their maintenance of certification requirements on the maintenance page of their Locker account.
Professional Development Points
Professional Development is the engagement in Lifelong Learning in a specific professional context. Professional Development promotes growth and development of coaches, enables coaches to be at the leading edge to best serve their athletes and is fun and engaging.
- Encourages Lifelong Learning;
- Is recorded a coach’s transcript on the Locker;
- Contributes points to statuses that statuses that must be maintained.
Click HERE for guidelines around the different categories of Professional Development.
Lifelong Learning is the ongoing, voluntary, and self-motivated pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons.
- One of the underlying philosophies of the NCCP;
- Reinforces the value of continuing education and sharing amongst the coaching community.
In short – Lifelong Learning is a philosophy, Professional Development is a process to facilitate learning, and Maintenance of Certification is a policy.