FAQs for Professional Coaches Holding the ChPC Designation
Below are common questions asked by coaches who have attained their Chartered Professional Coach® (ChPC®) designation. If your question is not answered, contact the Coaching Association of Canada™ (CAC) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I renew my ChPC designation?
Step 1: Login to the Locker
Step 2: Click the Professional tab on the left side of your screen
Step 3: Click on the Renew button and follow the onscreen prompts
Step 4: Submit a recent and valid a Police Information Check (if you current one expired)
Step 5: Sign the CAC Code of Conduct, declare your ethical conduct, and sign the agreement
What is the deadline to renew my ChPC designation?
The annual deadline to renew your ChPC designation is the anniversary date that you were granted the designation. A recent and valid Police Information Check is also required, at minimum, every three years to maintain a status of being in good standing. (TIP: Your anniversary date and your Police Information Check expiry date can be found under the Professional tab of your Locker account.) Visit our Fees page for more information.
How do I remain in good standing?
To be in good standing, you must:
- Renew your dues annually before your individual renewal deadline (i.e., one year from the date you were granted a license);
- Have a recent and valid Police Information Check on file (TIP: Your anniversary date and your Police Information Check expiry date can be found under the Professional tab of your Locker account);
- Sign the CAC Code of Conduct annually;
- Declare your ethical conduct annually; and
- Sign the agreement annually.
What is a “recent” and “valid” Police Information Check?
One of the following is considered a “recent” and “valid” Police Information Check:
- At a minimum, a Canadian Police Information Centre (C-PIC) check or a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSS, VSV, VSC) from your local Canadian police office that has been issued within the last 6 months. Ask them to submit the information check in its original form by mail to the Coaching Association of Canada, Professional Coaching Department, c/o House of Sport, RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7;
- An Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) through Sterling Talent Solutions that has been issued within the last 6 months; or
- An E-PIC from one of Sterling Talent Solutions’ international partners that has been issued within the last 6 months or a Globex or Interpol record check.
I forgot my login credentials. What do I do?
Your login credentials are the same as those you use to access the Locker. You can either use your email or your NCCP# with your password. If you forgot your NCCP#, you can use the Lookup my NCCP# function. If you forgot your password, you can use the Forgot Password? function. (NOTE: These functions only work if you have a current and valid email address on your account.) Or you can email email@example.com or call 613-235-5000 ext. 1 for assistance.
Is my National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) my Professional Coaching number?
Yes. Your NCCP # is your national coaching number and the Locker is the one central database for all your educational and Professional Coaching needs. This means that your Locker profile contains all your NCCP and ChPC information, making the renewal process more efficient.