Equestrian Canada offers the following NCCP workshops:
Competition Coach: Currently available for the English discipline, these workshops target coaches who are interested in refining the equestrian skills of participants of all ages who wish to compete regionally or provincially. It includes general equestrian courses such as:
- Designing and managing an equestrian sport program;
- Training mental skills;
- Analyzing performance for competition;
- Competition specialist clinics for eventing, jumping, and dressage;
- Several high performance coaching courses focused on equine biomechanics, training planning, and other topics.
Competition Coach Specialist: Designed for the advanced competition coach, these workshops are available in the following disciplines:
- English: Jump, Eventing, Dressage
- Western: Reining, Speed Events, General Performance
These workshops target coaches that are interested in advancing the equestrian skills of participants of all ages who wish to compete provincially and nationally. Coaches will improve and develop effective discipline-specific skills throughout these 1-day workshops.
Instructor of Beginners: Available for English, Western, Driving, and Saddle Seat disciplines, these non-competitive or recreational focused workshops help coaches teach equestrian to beginners. This stream applies to individuals who teach beginner riders in their backyards, riding schools, or even at day camps, and includes introductory modules such as:
- Equestrian teaching and learning;
- Planning a lesson;
- Analyzing beginner performance;
- Make ethical decisions in the equestrian environment.
For more information on these workshops, please click here.