- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cottage cheese or Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 1% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Makes 12-15 medium-sized pancakes
- Combine all dry ingredients and add wet to dry. Blend until relatively smooth and well mixed.
- Spray pan or griddle with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and pour batter onto warm pan or griddle.
- Cook like regular pancakes - about 3 minutes for first side.
- Flip and cook until batter is no longer runny
- Top with maple syrup, almond butter, etc.
Nutrition information (per 3 pancakes)
- Calories: 309
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
Sport Benefits: A perfect breakfast before training or serve cold between multi-event or as race day fueller (in this case, sub the whole wheat flour with white!)
To freeze leftovers: allow to cool on wire rack then place in freezer zip lock bag. Stores well for about a week. Reheat in toaster.
Recipe from PowerFuel Food, Planning Meals for Maximum Performance by Angela Dufour.