- 3 lbs. lean ground turkey, pork or chicken (or you can use lean ground beef!)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Zest of 2 limes (or 1 teaspoon lime juice)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
Mini pitas or whole wheat burger buns
Makes 18-20 mini sliders
- Heat and clean BBQ grill or preheat oven to 375F and grease a sheet pan if doing in oven
- In a large bowl combine all slider ingredients.
- Form 18-24 mini patties or 10-12 medium sized burgers.
- Grill patties over medium heat for 2-4 minutes per side or until an internal temp of 160F is reached. If doing in oven, cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Place cooked sliders on top of mini pitas or whole grain or white (for a pre-practice choice lower in fiber) slider buns.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. Try a spicy aioli or tzatziki for a zesty touch.
Nutrition Information (for 3 sliders with 3 mini whole wheat buns, not including any vegetable toppings or condiments)
- Calories: 342
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 17g
- Fibre: 1.6g
Sport Benefits: These little mini burgers make a perfect addition to any pasta, noodle or rice bowl. They freeze easily so that you can pop them into any dish for a quick recovery protein addition to your carbohydrate/grain of choice!
Recipe taken from PowerFuel Food, Planning Meals for Maximum Performance, by Angela Dufour, RD, CSSD, Performance Dietitian.