3 eLearning Modules to Diversify your Coaching Portfolio
The Coaching Association of Canada is proud to offer a diversity of eLearning modules to enhance your coaching repertoire. Whether you’re new to coaching, or you’re an experienced coach looking for a refresher or simply furthering your knowledge, there’s an NCCP eLearning module that’s just right for you!
Coaching Initiation in Sport
The Coach Initiation in Sport online module is designed as an important introduction to the key coaching concepts and educational tools that are the foundation of the NCCP. The module remains an excellent informational resource for coaches, which they can revisit at any time after its successful completion.
Coach Initiation in Sport is a valuable resource for:
- Parents new to coaching;
- New coaches;
- Experienced coaches new to the NCCP;
- Athletes transitioning to coaching;
- Experienced NCCP coaches who need professional development, or a refresh on the fundamental principles of the NCCP; and
- Sport administrators who work with the NCCP and coach development.
It costs $15 to take this eLearning module and will take approximately 1 hour to complete. Click HERE to learn more about Coach Initiation in Sport.
Making Head Way in Sport
Concussions can occur while participating in any sport or recreational activity. Designed to help you gain the knowledge and skills required to ensure the safety of your athletes, this multi-sport module will cover:
- What to do to prevent concussions
- How to recognize the signs and symptoms of a concussion
- What to do when you suspect an athlete has a concussion
- How to ensure athletes return to play safely
Making Head Way is available in 6 different versions, including a multi-sport version and five sport-specific versions (soccer, snowboard, speed skating, freestyle ski, and football).
You should expect to spend 60-90 minutes completing this FREE eLearning module. Click HERE to learn more about Making Head Way in Sport and get Concussion Smart today!
Coaching Athletes with a Disability
Coaching Athletes with a Disability NCCP training provides coaches the knowledge to deliver quality, positive sport experiences for athletes, specifically with behavioural, intellectual, physical, and sensory disabilities.
Coaching Athletes with a Disability NCCP training will provide coaches the ability to:
- Explain the benefits of sport participation for persons with a disability;
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with, and regards to, persons with a disability;
- Design positive, safe, and inclusive sport experiences for persons with a disability; and
- Consider next steps in their professional development related to coaching persons with a disability.
The cost to take the training is $15. Click HERE to learn more about Coaching Athletes with a Disability NCCP training.