Concussions can occur while participating in any sport or recreational activity. Since the circumstances under which a concussion can be sustained are so varied, it’s important for all coaches, parents, and athletes to be aware of the signs, symptoms, and what to do if a concussion occurs.
These concussion awareness resources have been developed as part of the Public Health Agency of Canada’s “Active & Safe” initiative and are designed to help you gain the knowledge and skills required to ensure the safety of your athletes. Get concussion smart via our award-winning “Making Head Way” eLearning modules, test your concussion IQ, find out what happens during a concussion, or simply browse through real concussion stories.
- Pocket Concussion Recognition Tool
- Player Code of Conduct
- Return to Play Guidelines
- Concussion Guidelines for Parents
- Concussion Guidelines for Coaches
- Concussion Guidelines for Athletes
- Concussion Guidelines for Teachers